Bay Area DUI Law Blog


Getting Your License Back After a DUI Conviction

Posted by Amy Morell | Aug 25, 2015

How do I get my license back after a DUI Conviction?

In California, you may need to do several things in order to get your license back after a DUI conviction.

On a First DUI Conviction:

You may need to enroll in a DUI school, get additional car insurance on file with the DMV (SR-22 Form), install a breathing device in your car and pay the DMV a reissue fee.  Only 4 counties require a breathing device:  Tulare, Los Angeles, Sacramento and Alameda.

It is possible to avoid the breathing device if charges are reduced at court.  

Convictions with prior DUI's and enhancement allegations may require longer suspension times.

In order to save your license and get your charges dismissed or reduced, you need to hire a DUI Defense Attorney with the experience and education necessary to achieve these results.  Amy Morell at the Morell Law Office can help.  Call 877-366-9440 for a free case evaluation.

About the Author

Amy Morell

Morell Law Office is 100% devoted to defending people accused of DUI in courts and DMV hearings in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Proven Track Record

Proven track record of successfully helping people charged with DUI.